Preventive Dentistry for Colorado Springs Families
The best way to protect the oral well-being of you and your family is preventative care. Dr. Mark Wright strives to ensure that the smiles of your family are of the highest quality and to ensure that we catch any dental problems early. By doing this we can stop possible oral harm to your enamel and gum tissue--as well as save you money by avoiding more in-depth dental work!
Our Colorado Springs dentist and his team are not just here to provide preventive care like dental exams and cleanings. We also strive to educate you and your family on how one's lifestyle and behavior will affect your overall oral health!
Your overall health is intrinsically tied to how well you take care of yourself. Your oral health is no different. Those who have gum disease or other oral troubles have an increased risk for a variety of symptoms including:
How Oral Health Affects the Body
- High-Blood Pressure
- Heart Disease
- Low Birth Weight and/or preterm births
- Heart Attacks
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Pulmonary Hypertension
Thankfully, these substantial issues can be avoided with proactive visits with Dr. Wright.
Our Dental Exams and Checkups
After scheduling an appointment at our Colorado Springs office for a dental check-up and cleaning, we will:
- Examine for any detections of tooth decay, cysts, tumors, bone loss, and irregular positioning of your tooth or roots via X-rays
- Evaluate your gums for any signs of disease, checking the gums and bone around your teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Check the surface of your teeth using a variety of special dental instruments for any signs of tooth decay
- Examine the state of any existing restorations that you may have such as fillings, crowns, and so forth.
- Investigate your neck, face, lips, tongue, throat, gums, and tissues for any risks of Oral cancer.
- Remove calculus (tartar) and plaque on your teeth
- Polish any stains and plaques that were not removed during the initial brushing and scaling.
We also provide additional preventative dental services including sealants!
Personalized EducationProper homecare is intrinsic to a successful preventative program. During your visit we will provide you and your family on proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing techniques as well as provide any additional advice pertinent to your special needs.
It is recommended for people to meet with a dentist at least twice a year, though those who have more a history of oral problems may need to go more. If you or your family have not had a dental appointment in a while, we implore you to contact our Colorado Springs office today! Our family-friendly dental practice welcomes patients throughout the surrounding areas!